At one point, we used to use an svn_array_find() or some such. We
deprecated it. Creating a function to do comparisons, then set up a
function call... It was just annoying. Iteration over an APR array is easy,
and very clear. There is basically no code or mental overload. Using a
comparator function, there is.

-0 on the concept.

Cheers,
-g

ps. and if written, it *should* allow for structs; we use those often in
svn. Avoids alloc'ing a structure and sticking a ptr in the array.