On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 5:01 AM Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:06 AM William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Any other concerns ahead of 1.7.0?
>
> There are some backports I need to revert, the dynamic linking (as
> opposed to dynamic loading) of apr_crypto libraries -1'ed by Graham
> (see discussion in r1833359 and r1833421 threads), and thus the new
> PRNG stuff depending on a single library init/deinit point in APR and
> (hopefully) as much direct as possible calls to the underlying crypto
> lib primitives (i.e. no insane indirections).

My question was entirely limited to apr, I hadn't yet considered pushing
for an apr-util release. The concerns you and Graham are discussing,
Nick's interest in libxml2 and my interest in simplifying win32+iconv
without GPL libiconv all fall into the later.

Perhaps resolving apr 1.7 this month (what I've raised), plus targeting
about a month from now to move forward with apr-util 1.7 would be
helpful to nudge some of these efforts along?