On 2019/05/27 17:17:53, Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 May 2019 at 20:13, <i...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Author: ivan
> > Date: Mon May 27 17:13:43 2019
> > New Revision: 1860150

> > Log:
> > Windows platform: Provide a native XML parser implementation based on
> > XmlLite [1].
> >
> > Start using it by default if we weren't explicitly told to build with either
> > libxml2 or expat.
> >
> > (This is a merge of the `xmllite` branch.)
> >
> > Doing so reduces the amount of dependencies required for building and using
> > APR, which I believe to be a good thing in this particular case. And it also
> > means that by default we would be relying on the native component of the OS
> > rather than on a 3rd-party library.
> >
> Hey all,
>
> Switching to XmlLite on the Windows platform has been one of those
> changes that I had in mind for the Win32 part in APR 2.0.
>
> Doing so reduces the amount of dependencies required for building and
> using APR, which I believe to be a good thing in this particular case.
> And it also means that by default we would be relying on the native
> component of the OS rather than on a 3rd-party library.
>
> Please let me know if there would be any objections against this change.

No objection, but it breaks my build on Linux as it tries to compile
apr_xml_xmllite.c despite expat is present (OS provided) and apr_arch_utf8.h is
not available:

/bin/sh /home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc -pthread  -O2 -Wall -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DLINUX -D_REENTRANT
-D_GNU_SOURCE   -I./include
-I/home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr/include/arch/unix
-I./include/arch/unix
-I/home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr/include/arch/unix
-I/home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr/include
-I/home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr/include/private
-I/home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr/include/private -I/usr/include/nss3
-I/usr/include/nspr4   -I/usr/include/mysql -o xml/apr_xml_xmllite.lo -c
xml/apr_xml_xmllite.c && touch xml/apr_xml_xmllite.lo
xml/apr_xml_xmllite.c:18:27: fatal error: apr_arch_utf8.h: No such file or
directory
 #include "apr_arch_utf8.h"
                           ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [xml/apr_xml_xmllite.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pluem/apache/httpd-trunk/srclib/apr'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Regards

RĂ¼diger