On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 7:37 AM William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 10:09 AM Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 3:44 AM William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > But I'd be happier co-RM'ing this with a newer committer/PMC
> > > participant who wants to learn the ropes. Any volunteers?
> >
> > \o_ thanks for helping! Anytime for, maybe in early 2022 days?
>
> 1. Is that an offer?

Sure it is :) I'm happy to assist you in the release process and learn about it.
I looked at the release.sh script which is quite simple and the
preliminar tagging process from the previous release, but following
someone who knows is always better..

> In any case I see us shipping a minimal APR 1.7.x with the fixes at hand and
> for
> Windows FS that frustrated some svn users. The scope of the unix domain socket
> enablement are probably late into January/early Feb. Unsure what other folks
> are
> working on that fit into the 1.8 bump.

I already backported the unix socket changes to 1.7.x, though Ivan
objected already given the non trivial changes.
I'd like it to be in 1.7.1 (mainly because of the new atomic/once
wakeup which is useful for httpd's mpm_event usage), but not a strong
opinion either so I could revert it's an uncomfortable change.

Besides, current 1.7.x is not a minimal change already w.r.t. 1.7.0,
some not-so-trivial backports are to address issues raised by running
ASAN built APR and httpd through their test suites (namely apr_pool's
r1884100, apr_thread's r1884103, apr_thread_pool's r1884110).
Those have landed for quite some time now, but more eyes are always welcome.

> We all need to review APR-util 1.7.0-dev, to ensure it's ready. That
> could happen
> before year end, or early next year, depending on how stable it is.

+1

> So yes, I'd be grateful for your help, and more than happy to help you :)

Great, let's go whenever you have the time for it ;)

Cheers;
Yann.