On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 1:33 PM Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 02/12/2021 13:21, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 21:26, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org
> > <mailto:mt...@apache.org>> wrote:
> >
> > So no uuidof used in recent Windows SDK.
> >
> > Btw Visual Studio 2008 support ended April 10, 2018 [1].
>
> Sure, being abld to build with VS2008 is not a problem.
> Issues with API beyond Windows SDK 7.1.A
> (Latest one supporting Windows 7.1sp1)

Got it backwards. We'll need -builders- to use an SDK that supports 20H2
to pick up the logic for AF_UNIX and 21H2 for as advanced tcp constructs
to resolve origin ip etc.

The fact the SDK is for a newer OS does not render it incompatible
with the older OS.
Only once we use the new API binding and try to load it directly in
the old OS, without
using delayed binding and fallback on failure to resolve the new function.