On 02 May 2023, at 08:16, Stephen Webb <swe...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Does cross compilation work in theory?
>
> Am I wasting my time attempting to add support for cross compilation to the
> conan package manager?

As I recall the cross complication I got to work was for the benefit of
openwrt, which a while back got a makeover with proper modular APR(-util)
builds. The apr_escape API has a code-generator that needs to run locally to
generate the code for cross compilation.

I have no experience with the conan package manager, but any modifications you
need to make, post them here so they can be included so it all works out the
box.

Regards,
Graham
—