de

> On 3 Jul 2023, at 22:08, Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 01:20:14PM -0500, Greg Stein wrote:
>> While I would doubt there is a book about APR itself, I would bet any book
>> that talks about writing a module for Apache has extensive coverage of APR
>> (if such a book exists; dunno). There is no docco besides the headers and
>> the code itself.
>>
> There's a 30 page chapter on APR in Nick Kew's The Apache Modules Book.

Thanks for the mention, but I doubt that would tell RoUS anything he doesn't
already know!  Bindings for scripting languages get mentioned only in passing
in the book, and the detail goes no deeper than "mod_foo has foo bindings for
HTTPD API and APR so you can do much the same things in foo as in C".

I don't think APR would make much of a book on its own.  Sure, you could
expand on what I wrote, but only up to a point, so you'd want some context
for it.  Scripting might make just such a context if you can make a case that
APR adds value to existing scripting language libraries other than in a
specific context like HTTPD.

--
Nick Kew