On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 at 21:58, Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Den mån 10 juni 2024 kl 10:55 skrev Jun Omae <jun6...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 5:32 AM Daniel Sahlberg

 [...]

>> Of course, you can use cmake to build apr on Windows. I use cmake to
>> build apr, apr-util and httpd as dependencies of subversion on
>> Windows.
>>

> I also tried this, since my longterm goal is to build Subversion, where
> there is some work going on to add a cmake based build system.
>
> It seems there are at least four different options, with the documentation
> in various stage of completeness:
> * .DSW files
> * Makefile.win
> * CMake
> * vcpkg
>
> Cleanup of .dsw and NMake (Makefile.win) builds was proposed four years
ago [1], but people objected to this idea. So .dsw and Makefile.win are
still there, but as far as I know they have many limitations compared to
CMake. I recommend using CMake to build APR on Windows. In my opinion CMake
has many quirks, but it's a clear winner these days and most projects using
it to build on Windows.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the bar to get started with APR is

--
Ivan Zhakov