Hi,

I would like to get rid of the code generation, mainly for
archiva-configuration, but maybe for the persistence domain classes also.
Why:
- The code generation is using modello, which hasn't seen any new releases in
the last years.
- Modello is not able to generate proper code with generics
        - It cannot be extended easily to add generics features
- There is Java code in the modello xml file, which cannot be recognized by any
IDE ( program code in XML is really awkward ;- )
- The generated code is not part of the history and is only available after
some extra generation step (bad for IDEs)

The code generation may reduce the work for writing boilerplate code, but I
don't think there is much change in these generated
classes that justifies to keep it.

So, if you have any concerns, please raise your hands.

If not, I will add the currently generated code to the source tree and git
repository and deactivate the modello plugins in the maven poms.

Maybe we can find a better code generation solution in the future, but for the
time being the less time consuming solution would be to deactivate
code generation completely (in my opinion).

Regards

Martin