From: Tal Liron [mailto:t...@gigaspaces.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:52 PM
To: dev@ariatosca.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Plugin validation

That's a good question. :)

Actually, in the service template you do not pin down the plugin, but rather
specify the plugin and a minimum version that you need. During instantiation
there might be a higher version of the plugin that would be matched. Once
instantiated the plugin version is "locked" for that service instance. If you
then install a newer version of the plugin, and create a new service instance,
the second service instance would use the higher version. All this is done to
make sure that the service remains stable.

It would of course be possible to verify this earlier, but it seemed
unnecessary. What advantage do you see in verifying the existing of the plugin
during the service template parsing stage?