On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:33 AM, D Jayachandran <d.jayachand...@ericsson.com>
wrote:

>  Hence I wanted to know if there is any possibility of identifying an
> abstract type (during parsing )so that we need not import or define the
> custom node type in my service template.

In my opinion, the import of the abstract type is necessary. TOSCA offers
no alternative, and I don't see how ARIA would be able to guess that this
type is abstract nor have any notion where to find the type. I think that
such usability problems we find in the mechanism need to be addressed at
OASIS. Perhaps we can make TOSCA 1.2 easier to use with substitution
mapping. For now, though, I think ARIA should adhere to the TOSCA 1.0
standard as closely as possible.