Following up to myself, I've just cleaned my local repo and built
blueprint, and I see output like:

Downloading:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint.core/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.aries.blueprint.core-1.0.0-20120719.033239-39.jar
Downloaded:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint.core/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.aries.blueprint.core-1.0.0-20120719.033239-39.jar(374
KB at 124.9 KB/sec)

So I think the snapshots are still there in the repo, and perhaps it's a
maven or Jenkins config thing? Still something that needs to be fixed, of
course ...

Holly