We got 3 binding +1 votes and 1 non binding +1 vote.

I will get the artifacts published.

Christian

On 10.11.2014 17:44, Christian Schneider wrote:
As discussed previously, I staged releases for two new blueprint modules:

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1014

Content:
blueprint-maven-plugin 1.0.0
org.apache.aries.blueprint-authz 1.0.0

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ARIES%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22blueprint-authz-1.0.0

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES/fixforversion/12328945

In sum there are only these two issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1269
Add blueprint maven plugin

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1226
JAAS and JEE annotation based authorization

maven-blueprint-plugin
----------------------
For the blueprint maven plugin there is an example project at:
https://github.com/cschneider/Karaf-Tutorial/tree/master/tasklist-cdi

The issue above also contains some more details.

The plugin creates blueprint.xml from JEE as well as from spring annotations. The number of supported annotations is limited but enough to create even mid size projects. I plan to add documentation about the plugin to the aries website.

blueprint-authz
----------------
Is a blueprint extension that can be enabled using a simple <authz:enabled/> element in blueprint. The namespace is http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/authorization/v1.0.0

When authorization is enabled then beans are scanned for @RolesAllowed and @DenyAll annotations. If any are found then an interceptor is installed that checks access to the beans using a JAAS context.

There is a test in blueprint itests that shows the usage:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/blueprint/itests/authz/testbundle/impl/SecuredServiceImpl.java http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/blueprint/itests/authz/AuthorizationTest.java http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-itests/src/test/resources/authz.xml

Please review and vote
[ ] +1 Release those bundles
[ ] -1 Do not

Here is my +1 (non binding)