I've staged a release for vote at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1148

It mainly contains an important bugfix when mixing transactional and non
transactional behaviour. Thanks to Daniel for the fix.

I was also notified that the Aries JPA example currently does not work in
apache karaf 4.2.1.
The error is in blueprint core. So it does not affect our release. JB is
working on a fix for karaf 4.2.2. See
https://github.com/apache/aries-jpa/tree/master/examples

Release Notes - Aries - Version jpa-2.7.1

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARIES/versions/12343100

** Bug

    * [ARIES-1783] - TransactionRequiredException when non-transactional
method precedes a transactional one in the same service.

    * [ARIES-1869] - Example does not work with current karaf 4.2.1

Please review and vote:

  [ ] +1 Release the above artifacts
  [ ] -1 Do not

Here is my +1