[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-338?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Dominik Przybysz closed ARIES-338.
----------------------------------

Closing issues of released artifacts

> osgi:service JNDI damping performs like a one legged dog under an anesthetic
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ARIES-338
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-338
>             Project: Aries
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JNDI
>    Affects Versions: 0.1
>            Reporter: Alasdair Nottingham
>            Assignee: Alasdair Nottingham
>            Priority: Major
>             Fix For: 0.2
>
>
> I updated some of my code to use the JNDI implementation of osgi:service 
> which does the service damping and my application saw a 3x slowdown (i.e. it 
> took 3 second to do something it used to take 1 seconds).
> It appears the problem is that every time a lookup is performed a new 
> java.lang.reflect.Proxy class is generated and doing this over and over when 
> the same service is looked up is expensive. Instead of doing this we can 
> generate a proxy once per client BundleContext per service and cache it 
> between lookups. The cache needs to be managed, so if the client goes away we 
> clear the cache and if the service goes away we purge it too.
> I have written the code and shown that it improves performance so I'm raising 
> this JIRA so I can integrate the performance fix.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to