Hi!

I have a subclass of numpy and another of pandas which add a metadata
attribute to them. Moreover, I have a subclass of typing.List as a
Python generic with this metadata attribute as well.

Now, it seems if I serialize this to plasma store and back I get
standard numpy, pandas, or list back, respectively.

My question is: how can I make it so that proper subclasses are
returned, including the custom metadata attribute?

I tried to use pyarrow_lib._default_serialization_context.register_type
but it does not seem to work. Moreover, I still worry that even if I
create a serialization for a custom class, if anyone makes a subclass
and tries to store it plasma store they will get back the custom class
and not a subclass.

This is how I am testing:

https://gitlab.com/datadrivendiscovery/metadata/blob/plasma/tests/test_plasma.py#L50

And here is the code for custom numpy class and attempt at registering
custom serialization:

https://gitlab.com/datadrivendiscovery/metadata/blob/plasma/d3m_metadata/container/numpy.py#L135

It looks like custom serialization is not called.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m