So I'm following the instructions and installed the binary dependencies,
including libboost-dev. I see boost headers in /usr/include/boost. I'm
using Ubuntu 16.04.

In the Arrow cpp directory, I ran:

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"

I get this output:

  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

  Boost version: 0.0.0

  Boost include path: /home/andy/git/boost_1_66_0

  Could not find the following Boost libraries:

          boost_regex

  Some (but not all) of the required Boost libraries were found.  You may
  need to install these additional Boost libraries.  Alternatively, set
  BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT
  to the location of Boost.

I also tried installing boost headers and going that route but ran into
different problems.

I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,

Andy.