Hello,

Today is Tuesday, so that's the day I work on porting arrow to R. This week,
I've continued some of the work from last week, still following the steps of
the python front end as documented here:
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/data.html#type-metadata
<https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/data.html#type-metadata>

Things are starting to materialize, and I try to give it an R feel.

> int32()
DataType(int32)

> float64()
DataType(double)

> struct( x = int32(), y = float64(), d1 = date32() )
StructType(struct<x: int32, y: double, d1: date32[day]>)

> schema( x = int32(), y = float64(), d1 = date32() )
x: int32
y: double
d1: date32[day]

This is not that interesting, but it sets a nice premise for the future.

Quick ones:
- are there examples of uses of pyarrow.union ?
- how does pyarrow.array dispatches to the right array type ? And perhaps more
generally, how do I know what's inside the function ?

>>> pa.array([1, 2, None, 3])
<pyarrow.lib.Int64Array object at 0x10db246d8>
[
  1,
  2,
  NA,