hey Kelly,

That's great -- FYI the e-mail that was generated by Meetup.com when
you created the event did not include the location. I got confused and
thought it was in SF/Bay Area. Maybe we should put the location in the
title of the meetup event?

As a second thing, the meetup group's front matter "Apache Arrow is
backed by key developers of 13 major open source projects, including
Calcite, Cassandra, Dremio, Drill, Hadoop, HBase, Ibis, Impala, Kudu,
Pandas, Parquet, Phoenix, Spark, and Storm making it the de-facto
standard for columnar in-memory analytics." is getting a bit out of
date. I don't know how many more open source projects we intersect
with at this point, but it's a lot. The scope of the project has also
expanded significantly (with the open standard for columnar data still
being a key selling point for the project).

On this subject, http://arrow.apache.org is due for a bit of sprucing
up of language as we near the 0.10.0 release.

Thanks for organizing these meetups!
Wes