I was trying to build the documentation but hit a JavaScript error. I am
not familiar with JavaScript and TypeScript ... Any suggestion?

Error log:

/apache-arrow/arrow/js /apache-arrow

+ npm install

npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /chokidar/fsevents:

npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture:
fsevents@1.2.4

npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /sane/fsevents:

npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture:
fsevents@1.2.4

npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency
/watchpack/chokidar/fsevents:

npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture:
fsevents@1.2.4

npm WARN ajv-keywords@3.2.0 requires a peer of ajv@^6.0.0 but none was
installed.

npm WARN uglifyjs-webpack-plugin@1.1.6 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 ||
^3.0.0 but none was installed.

+ npm run doc

> apache-arrow@0.3.0 doc /apache-arrow/arrow/js

> shx rm -rf ./doc && typedoc --mode file --out doc src/Arrow.ts

Using TypeScript 2.7.2 from
/apache-arrow/arrow/js/node_modules/typedoc/node_modules/typescript/lib

Error: /apache-arrow/arrow/js/src/vector.ts(161)

 Property 'childData' does not exist on type 'any[] | Data<T>'.

  Property 'childData' does not exist on type 'any[]'.

npm ERR! Linux 4.9.93-linuxkit-aufs

npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "run" "doc"

npm ERR! node v8.10.0

npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! apache-arrow@0.3.0 doc: `shx rm -rf ./doc && typedoc --mode file
--out doc src/Arrow.ts`

npm ERR! Exit status 4

npm ERR!

npm ERR! Failed at the apache-arrow@0.3.0 doc script 'shx rm -rf ./doc &&
typedoc --mode file --out doc src/Arrow.ts'.

npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.

npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the apache-arrow
package,

npm ERR! not with npm itself.

npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:

npm ERR!     shx rm -rf ./doc && typedoc --mode file --out doc src/Arrow.ts

npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project
with:

npm ERR!     npm bugs apache-arrow

npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:

npm ERR!     npm owner ls apache-arrow

npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:

npm ERR!     /apache-arrow/arrow/js/npm-debug.log