hi folks,

Tomorrow is December 1. The last major Arrow release (0.11.0) took
place on October 8. Given how much work has happened in the project in
the last ~2 months, I think it would be great to complete the next
major release before the end-of-year holidays set in.

I've been curating the JIRA backlog the last couple of weeks, and have
just created a 0.12.0 release wiki page to help us stay organized

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+0.12.0+Release

Given that there are only 3 full working weeks between now and
Christmas, I think we should be in position to cut a release by the
end of the week of December 10, i.e. by Friday December 14. Not all of
the TODO issues have to be completed to make the release, but it would
be good to push to complete as much as possible. Please help by
reviewing the backlog, and if possible, assigning issues to yourself
that you'd like to pursue in the next 2 weeks.

Let me know if this sounds reasonable, or any concerns.

Thanks
Wes