Thanks Wes, that worked.

When I run the gandiva tests (I did a step-through with pdb), I get this error :

> /home/ravindra/git/arrow/python/pyarrow/tests/test_gandiva.py(50)test_tree_exp_builder()
-> schema, [expr], pa.default_memory_pool())
(Pdb)
LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '_ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev' which
could not be resolved!

I had hit the same issue with java/jni, and resolved it by doing a
NativeLibrary.getInstance() (thanks to @pitrou). My knowledge of python is
limited - can someone please help with the same for python ?

Thanks & regards,
ravindra.