From: Micah Kornfield [mailto:emkornfi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:02 AM
To: dev@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Re: Preferred way to cite Apache Arrow?

I believe web-pages are updated each release, so you can get a rough "version
number" by looking in git history (e.g. for the 0.12.0 release Layout can be
found at
https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/apache-arrow-0.12.0/docs/source/format/Layout.rst
)

It would probably be nice to have this on the pages themselves (but we might
want a revision number that indicates changes, instead of release).
I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-4412 to track adding
version numbers into the web-pages.

-Micah