- Jacque Nadeau - Dremio
- Ben Keitzman (Ursa Labs)
- Uwe Korn
- Praveen Kumar - Dremio
- Francois Saint-Jacques
- Hatem Helal (MathWorks)
- Nick Haddad (MathWorks)

# Agenda Items
- Qualify MATLAB code in Arrow Travis CI
    - Wes:  In principal its not on the list.  If it is only editing the
travis.yaml
    - asf-infra is the way to do the signing of the paperwork.  We aren't able
to deals with this on behalf of the
    - Jacques:  If it is commercial Apache might not want it.
    - Wes: I had inquired about getting several MATLAB licenses.
        - Nick: will follow-up after about getting these
- Jacques and Uwe: and Wes Press Release for 3 year anniversary
    - Jacques:  I'm happy to sketch something out and send this around.,
        - Want to do a very high outline of community contributions, bindings,
and integrations into other projects along with supporting quotes from people
in the community and the industry.
        - Open to any feedback and ideas.
    - Wes:  Notable that the project started out with a small focus on
designing an open standard for structured data and 3 years later the project is
significantly broader than that.  Themes:
        - Open standard has been accepted and is widely adopted
        - Project has grown in many directions.
        - 9 code donations into the project.  Notable among apache projects.
    - Wes:  Any download or usage numbers would be useful
        - Jacques:  Estimates are around a million downloads a month.
        - Wes:  Notable as the python library is being taken on as a dependency
on other projects. Recently saw that Apache Beam  is taking this as a
dependency.  Things like this are driving install numbers.
        - Jacques:  This to me is a continuing sign of success.
        - Uwe: I can spend an hour or two.  I can contribute 1 or 2 sections.
 We can also add the images from the different engines we support (Spark, etc).

- Wes: Things in flight right now and talk about the 0.13 release
    - About halfway through issues around 0.13.
    - 0.13 Window for patches will close by mid-March,  5 weeks from now.
    - If there is anything you definitely want in the release add the fix
version on Jira.

- Arrow Flight
    - Work has picked up on Arrow Flight.  Will be working on building this
out.  Would be helpful to get feedback on potential users for flight.  This is
a general purpose messaging system.  Uses GRPC but could use other mechanisms
like RDMA.  For anyone who is building database protocols or making data
available with any kind of a data service should give feedback.
    - With Flight and Gandiva,  the addition of these to the project are adding
to the wheel.
        - Wes:  How big are the linux wheels for these with Gandiva?  25MB?
        - Uwe:  The normal wheels are 30MB so with Gandiva it would be at least
10MB more.
        - Wes:  Will look into the size of the flight library.
        - Wes: Should we produce multiple wheel for multiple uses?
            - Uwe:  Yes that is a good idea.
    - Wes: This comes at a good time because GRPC is gaining rapid adoption.
        - Jacques:  You can think of this as a replacement for JDBC and ODBC
            - If ReST is the way to communicate between micro services, then
Flight is the way to communicate between data micro services.
            - Also gives you parallel streaming.