hi Micah,

I've been trying to make progress on the Interval stuff for more than
18 months now -- this is IMHO a barrier to getting project to a 1.0.0
version so we should try to do it in 2019. I'm OK with implementing a
change that minimizes disruption to users of the current Java code
(e.g. Dremio). We need to get some feedback from the Java developers
about how to proceed.

- Wes