hi Micah,

This sounds like a reasonable proposal, and I agree in particular for
regular contributors that it makes sense to close PRs that are not
close to being in merge-readiness to thin the noise of the patch queue

We have some short-term issues such as various reviewers being busy
lately (e.g. I was on vacation in April, then heads down working on
ARROW-3144) but I agree that there are some structural issues with how
we're organizing code review efforts.

Note that Apache Spark, with ~500 open PRs, created this dashboard
application to help manage the insanity

https://spark-prs.appspot.com/

Ultimately (in the next few years as the number of active contributors
grows) I expect that we'll have to do something similar.

- Wes