Le 11/07/2019 à 17:52, Krisztián Szűcs a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I have a couple of questions about the wheel packaging:
> - why do we build an arrow namespaced boost on linux and osx, could we link
> statically like with the windows wheels?

No idea.  Boost shouldn't leak in the public APIs, so theoretically a
static build would be fine...

> - do we explicitly say somewhere in the linux wheels to link the 3rdparty
> dependencies statically or just implicitly, by removing (or not building)
> the shared libs for the 3rdparty dependencies?

It's implicit by removing the shared libs (or not building them).
Some time ago the compression libs were always linked statically by
default, but it was changed to dynamic along the time, probably to
please system packagers.

> - couldn't we use the 3rdparty toolchain to build the smaller 3rdparty
> dependencies for the linux wheels instead of building them manually in the
> manylinux docker image - it'd easier to say <dependency>_SOURCE=BUNDLED

I don't think so.  The conda-forge and Anaconda packages use a different
build chain (different compiler, different libstdc++ version) and may
not be usable directly on manylinux-compliant systems.

Regards

Antoine.