Hi all,

Thanks for the comments so far. Does anyone else have thoughts on
either proposal? For middleware, I can put up an implementation draft
if that's more useful. I could also include an example OpenTracing
integration, though I'm not sure how to structure "contrib" modules
(presumably we don't want that as an actual dependency).

Thanks,
David