> You are right, the mainly difference between FixSizedListVector and
> ListVector is the offsetBuffer, but I think this could be avoided through
> allocateNewSafe() overwrite which calls allocateOffsetBuffer() in
> BaseRepeatedValueVector, in this way, offsetBuffer in FixSizedListVector
> will remain allocator.getEmpty().

I think there other methods that FixedSizeList shouldn't be implementing
that are on List as well.   In an ideal world, I think the parent
class/interface would be called ListVector and there would then be specific
children of FixedSizeList and VariableSizeList.  I think that is too big a
change to something core, but we should try to keep the relationship in
that shape, so we don't need to override methods just to throw
NotSupportedExceptions.