Here is a start for our Q3 board report

The mission of Apache Arrow is the creation and maintenance of software related
to columnar in-memory processing and data interchange

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Membership Data:
* Apache Arrow was founded 2016-01-19 (4 years ago)
* There are currently 48 committers and 28 PMC members in this project.
* The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Micah Kornfield was added to the PMC on 2019-08-21
- Sebastien Binet was added to the PMC on 2019-08-21
- Ben Kietzman was added as committer on 2019-09-07
- David Li was added as committer on 2019-08-30
- Kenta Murata was added as committer on 2019-09-05
- Neal Richardson was added as committer on 2019-09-05
- Praveen Kumar was added as committer on 2019-07-14

## Project Activity:

* The project has just made a 0.15.0 release.
* We are discussing ways to make the Arrow libraries as accessible as possible
  to downstream projects for minimal use cases while allowing the development
  of more comprehensive "standard libraries" with larger dependency stacks in
  the project
* We plan to make a 1.0.0 release as our next major release, at which time we
  will declare that the Arrow binary protocol is stable with forward and
  backward compatibility guarantees
* We are struggling with Continuous Integration scalability as the project has
  definitely outgrown what Travis CI and Appveyor can do for us. We are
  exploring alternative solutions such as Buildbot, Buildkite (see
  INFRA-19217), and GitHub Actions to provide a path to migrate away from
  Travis CI / Appveyor

## Community Health:

* The community is overall healthy, with the aforementioned concerns around CI
  scalability. New contributors frequently take notice of the long build queue
  times when submitting pull requests.