This notation is already used in some parts of the codebase [1]. I
think it was introduced when absorbing gandiva and then in a draft of
the logical operations in the compute module. I have no strong opinion
for/against. I find it convenient to reduce typing, but the style
guide argue against this.

What about other aliases (Vector & Iterator)? If we revert this
change, we should do it uniformly, e.g. in gandiva and compute.

François

[1] https://gist.github.com/fsaintjacques/18720eebd9de3bb7770586ed8ec0ef6f