Hi Hongze,
To add to Wes's point, there are already some efforts to do JNI for ORC
(which needs to be integrated with CI) and some open PRs for Parquet in the
project.  However, given that you are using Spark I would expect there is
already dataset functionality that is equivalent to the dataset API to do
rowgroup/partition level filtering.  Can you elaborate on what problems you
are seeing with those and what additional use cases you have?

Thanks,
Micah