I was thinking selection vector/bitmap (possibly with different encodings),
but really nothing for now.  Ordinarily, I'd lean towards YAGNI but there
isn't a good way to add this in easily in a forward compatible way unless
we add a placeholder enum/table for 1.0 (the default option would be no
filter and wouldn't change the packaged data at all).