Hi,

- The fuzzit builds has been disabled by Neal on the current master.
- Created a PR to resolve occasionally failing python dataset tests [1]
- Merged the fix for C# timezone error [2]
- Merged various fixes for the release scripts.
- The nightly Gandiva OS X build is still failing, but because of a travis
  deployment timeout, which shouldn't block the release.

We still have failing tests:
- failing Spark integration test
- failing nightly R builds (see the 2020-01-29 nightly report)
- master reports a Java flight memory leak

Spark:
Joris created a fix for the immediate issue [3], but now we have a different
spark test error, see the discussion in the PR [3].
I put up a PR [6] to check the regressions 0.16 arrow release would introduce
for spark interoperability, and it turns out that arrow 0.15.1 is not compatible
with neither spark 2.4.4 nor spark 2.4.5-rc1, so 0.16 arrow release could
only be compatible with spark 3.0 or spark master which we have tests for.
So I'm a bit confused how to interpret arrow backward compatibility with
Spark, thus what should and what should not block the release.
Either way we'll need to fix the remaining spark issues and add nightly spark
integration tests for both the next spark release and spark master.

R:
There is the same segfault in each R nightly builds [4]. There was a single
change [5] which could introduce the regression compared to the previous
builds.
I've tried to reproduce the builds using docker-compose, but locally 3.6-bionic
has passed for me. I'm trying to wipe my local cache and rerun to see
whether I can reproduce it.

Java/Flight leak:
The current master reports memory leak [6] which I guess is surfaced by
change [7]

If we manage to fix the issues above today than I can cut RC2 tomorrow.

Thanks, Krisztian

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/6319
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/6309
[3]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/6312