Hi guys,
I'm writing an cross-language row-oriented serialization framework mainly
for java/python for now. I detained many data types and schema, field, such
as Byte, short, int, long, double, float, map, array, struct,. But then I
find using Arrow schema is a better choice. Since my framework need to
support conversion between my row-format and arrow columnar format. If I do
all it by myself, I need to support schema conversion and schema
serialization. Which is not necessary  if I use arrow schema.

But I find that arrow doesn't have a map data type, which is I needed
exactly. I know I can use struct to mock it or ExtensionType for it. But
it's not very convenient. So I want to know whether   will Map  type be
supported by arrow?

Thanks. Regards