I'm personally fine with the Black changes. After the one-time cost of
reformatting the codebase, it will take any personal preferences out
of code formatting (I admit that I have several myself, but I don't
mind the normalization provided by Black). I hope that Cython support
comes soon since a great deal of our code is Cython