Le 21/05/2020 à 19:46, Micah Kornfield a écrit :
> Hi Antoine,
> Can you expand on why that restriction  is necessary/makes things easier?
> It seems a little strange since each dictionary batch has the ID attached,
> I wouldn't think it would be hard for the reader to track their arrival in
> any order.

The problem is, you can't really instantiate the outer dictionary (as a
C++ Array) without having the inner dictionary already.  We could work
around that by keeping the DictionaryBatch around and decoding it
lazily, but I don't know the cost of that refactor (nor the runtime
consequences, e.g. react later to an error in the stream).

Regards

Antoine.