Hi,

again, in the process of adopting Arrow in Vaex, we need to have some
legacy c++ code in Vaex itself, and we might want to add some new functions
in c++ that might not be suitable for core Apache Arrow, or we need to ship
ourselves due to time constraints.

I am a bit worried about the C++ ABI compatibility for Linux binaries and
was wondering if there are already projects out there that have experience
with this.

Also, I see pyarrow distributes manylinux1/2010/2014 wheels. Would a vaex
extension distributed as a 2010 wheel, and build with the pyarrow 2010
wheel, work in an environment where someone installed a pyarrow 2014
wheel, or build from source, or installed from conda-forge?

cheers,

Maarten Breddels
Software engineer / consultant / data scientist
Python / C++ / Javascript / Jupyter
www.maartenbreddels.com / vaex.io
maartenbredd...@gmail.com +31 6 2464 0838 <+31+6+24640838>
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/maartenbreddels>[image: Github]