I agree with Antoine that we shouldn't be making changes to dependency
versions so close to a release.  This is consistent with other types of
changes that could have a potentially large blast radius

 I don't have a strong opinion on what version we end up with though (would
need to do more research on compatibility guarantees)

Micah