Hi,

Now I’m working on fixing the last concerns on my ORC writer
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/8648
<https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/8648> and have two questions.

I have a need to standardize an Arrow Array so that it is fit for cheaper
conversion into ORC by making sure that all the children (and grandchildren
etc) of null struct entries are null. Is there an established method to achieve
that? It will also be very helpful if there Is some fast and canonical method
to standardize an Array and ensure that null List/LargeList/FixedSizeList/Map
entries have zero lengths in their value/key/item arrays.

I’m about to switch all my Write*Batch to use ArrayDataInlineVisitor (or maybe
ArrayDataVisitor since it is used more often?) I have a concern on feasibility
of using visitors for nested types. It doesn’t seem like ArrayDataVisitor
supports these types. Is that true? If so, shall I use visitors for non-nested
types while using for loops for nested ones?

Thanks,
Ying