Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for chiming in.  Just one precision:

On Tue, 02 Mar 2021 06:41:54 -0000
Eduardo Ponce <edponc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my experience there is no single SIMD library that wraps all possible set
> of vector instructions across the most common architectures and at the same
> time provides support for all popular compilers while supporting C and
> C++11/14. (I mention C because there is an issue for Arrow support in C,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1851).

"Arrow support in C" is not really on the roadmap, but it would in any
case be a separate library.

Currently, we recommend the Arrow C data interface for ABI-stable data
exchange between C-minded runtimes:
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/format/CDataInterface.html

Also, we may be able to require C++14 in a couple of months (when the R
ecosystem sunshines old compiler versions).

Regards

Antoine.