Hello Team,

The docs for Custom Metadata in PyArrow say TODO
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/data.html#custom-schema-and-field-metadata
So I am wondering if someone has any example of adding some custom metadata to
PyArrow.

I tried looking through the pyarrow github repo and looking at they handle
pandas conversion because I know that uses metadata and see they do this
```
metadata.update(pandas_metadata)
schema = schema.with_metadata(metadata)
```

Is that how most people handle metadata they create the schema and field first
and then do with_metadata or do people construct schemas and fields with
metadata already?

I guess a follow up as well is that most examples I see use Pandas to start and
convert to arrow using `from_pandas`.

Is that best/standard practice or just legacy code from people using Pandas and
starting out I should just work in PyArrow exclusively? For context, I am more
interested in ease of use and less so performance, but I don’t want to not care
at memory/performance cost at all.

Thanks again everyone,
Michael