Hey Eric,

It so happens that I am literally in the middle of drafting a proposal
to the mailing list to integrate with OpenTelemetry on the C++
level. I would fully support having these capabilities for Flight, and
I think in the past we've discussed having a contrib directory for
such modules, if we don't directly just integrate it into Arrow
itself. While gRPC in theory has some of this built in, either way
we'd need to expose it (and gRPC uses OpenCensus which is being phased
out in favor of OpenTelemetry anyways).

The usecase here is fairly obvious, I think - but it'd be great if we
could hear more about how OpenTracing is useful for you/your
org. Personally, at my past job, it was a while before people really
grasped the value of distributed tracing & structured logging.

Also, side note - I've used structlog in Python for JSON logging in
the past and it was fantastic, I would definitely recommend that over
just dumping JSON into a logger yourself.

Best,
David