The main tension is not in the proposal but the requirements. It's a
classic impedance mismatch. Apache releases are quite heavyweight, so
work best at a frequency of 2 - 3 months, whereas (IIUC) Rust
developers expect a more lightweight release on a weekly cadence. I
was trying to find other projects that had had the same problem, and
solved it somehow. And also raise awareness within Apache that the
release process is problematic for some communities in 2021.

To correct a couple of misconceptions:
* In Apache, the signed source artifacts (tarball) are literally the
release. Not a git hash, not a set of binary artifacts. That is what
people need to vote on.
* The release vote does not have to last 72 hours. It can be a shorter
period, if the community agrees.

Julian