With that in mind it seems the somewhat recurring discussion on coming
up with a language independent standard for logical query plans
(https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfab15e09c97a8fb961d6c5db8b2093824c58d11a51981a40f40cc2c0%40%3Cdev.arrow.apache.org%3E)
would be relevant.  Each test case would then be a triplet of (Input
Dataframe, Logical Plan, Output Dataframe).  So perhaps tackling this
effort would be to make progress on both fronts.