Hi,

HO2 has a set of benchmarks comparing different query engines [1].

There is currently an implementation named "Arrow", backed by the Arrow R
implementation [2].

This is one of the least performant implementations evaluated. I sense that
this may negatively affect the Arrow format, as people will (even if
unfairly) associate "Arrow" to "poor performance". In fact, polars and
cuDF, the top performers, also use Arrow as their backing in-memory format.

Would it make sense to avoid naming specific query engines as "Arrow" (e.g.
like we do with DataFusion, Grandiva, etc), so that these misunderstandings
are avoided?

Best,
Jorge

[1] https://h2oai.github.io/db-benchmark/