Hi Joris,
The reason why I asked for an extension, is I believe several products from
my company that have Arrow as a dependency still support Python 3.6.  Most
are aiming to get off by next quarter.  I'm not sure what version they will
jump to.  I can't speak to what a general rational policy here is but for
most enterprise users I expect they would like to see support for all
Python versions that aren't EOL.

-Micah