Hi,

It seems that pyarrow.compute.ascii_trim can not be used without a TrimOption.
However a TrimOption can not be given as a keyword only argument either. This
looks like a bug since utf8_trim does not have this problem. Is my
understanding correct?

Also it seems that there is a lot of Python documentation we need to write
especially in compute, ORC and CSV (writer). I would like to do my part. May I
ask whether C++ and Python API documentation on the site are regularly
generated from the docstrings and comment blocks in released code for Doxygen?
Thanks!