Thanks to all who attended. Meeting notes:

Attendees:

Nate Bauernfeind
Ian Cook
Nic Crane
Alenka Frim
Micah Kornfield
Jorge Leitao
Alessandro Molina
Weston Pace
Eduardo Ponce
Pol Santamaria

- Arrow 5.0.0 release
  - Goal: release end of next week or worst case the third week of July
  - Currently about 60 unresolved tickets with fix version 5.0.0
    - Please change fix version to 6.0.0 for issues not planned to be
fixed in time
    - Please try to merge open PRs by end of next week
  - Alessandro will send an email regarding who will manage this release
- Maintaining the Arrow vcpkg port
  - See separate email "Distributing the Arrow C++ library through
vcpkg" for details
- Discussion of Ballista roadmap
  - Two good ways to get questions answered:
    - Ask in the #arrow-rust channel in the official Apache Slack[1]
    - Open an issue in DataFusion repo[2] to ask
- Discussion of SIMD vectorization in Arrow C++ library compute kernels
  - More info and a proposal forthcoming regarding what approach to take

[1] https://infra.apache.org/slack.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/issues