On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 8:33 AM Alessandro Molina
<alessan...@ursacomputing.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 2:40 PM Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I requested its creation here
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/arrow-cookbook
> >
> > If you can set up a PR into this repo (not sure if I need to push an
> > empty "initial commit" repo, but let me know),
>

> Seems your concern was correct, you can't open PRs against an empty
> repository.
> If you could make an initial commit that would be great.

OK, will do.

> > please make sure
> > everyone who has contributed has an ICLA on file with the ASF
> > secretary. I'm not sure that it's necessary for us to conduct an IP
> > clearance but others can comment if they disagree.
> >

> I guess that http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html only covers a list of
> committers and PMC members, not general contributors.
> Is there any way to check if any contributor has already signed an ICLA?
> Also, for my general understanding, should we ask to sign the ICLA before
> accepting/merging PRs or is it acceptable to merge PRs from occasional
> contributions even in absence of a signed ICLA?

Since https://github.com/ursacomputing/arrow-cookbook is "outside the
Arrow community", having the contributors to this repository sign
ICLAs would be a good practice before moving the code to an Apache
repository. Since this codebase isn't very old and we probably won't
be making official ASF releases of this project, the formal IP
clearance process is likely not necessary.

We don't need ICLAs from normal contributors into Apache repositories.